Academic Bulldog
Crozier Middle School
Home
Music & Fine Arts
cmsConstruction.asp
PTA/SSC/ELAC
Students
Resources
 
 

CROZIER MIDDLE SCHOOL

 School Site Council

Meeting Minutes

November 6, 2008 

 

I.          CALL TO ORDER

             MS. Ngissah called the meeting to order at 3:13 PM.

 

            Roll Call

X

Steve Donahue - Presiding Officer (Assistant Principal)

X

Irma Soto-Altataetter (Counselor)

X

Beth Anne Baker - Secretary (Teacher)

X

Davina Mills (Teacher)

 

Lynda Logan  (Teacher)

X

Aba Ngissah (Teacher)

X

Deborah Decker (Teacher)

X

Maria Narciso (Parent)

 

Monica Hernandez (Parent)

X

Mercedes Bautista (Parent)

 

Grace Turner (Parent)

X

Maria Zepeda (Parent)

 

Emelyne Guardado (Student-6th)

 

Karla Quinteros (Student-6th)

 

Dejan Irvin (Student -8th)

 

Chelsey Strachan (Student-7th)

X

Alternate Student: Miguel Torres

Also present: Drew Gamet (Program Coordinator), Mr. Lynum (QEIA Coordinator)

 PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE  

It was explained that Action items  #4 and #2 will be removed.

 

 

•II.                APPROVAL OF AGENDA

ACTION

Motion:  D. Mills

Second: M. Narcisso

                                    All in favor

III.       APPROVAL OF MINUTES

 Minutes from November 6, 2008.

ACTION

Motion:  M. Narciso

Second: D. Decker

 

All in Favor

 

V.       REPORTS TO THE COUNCIL

A. Principal's Report by S Donahue.

None- had to leave

 

B. Student Report

none

 

C. Program Coordinator's Financial Report

D. Gamet explained that there has been no expenditures or change since the last meeting.

He explained that there was an ELL review of Consolidated. We did well except for records from previous years.

The Program Coordinator position is funded out of Title I funds. The ELL reviewer was surprised because a big part of the coordinator position does not have to do with Title I funding activity.

It was recommended that the Program Coordinator' salary would be changed to come from BOTH Title I and ELL funding. This would be SSC and board approved.

 

State budget cuts could be severe for education and could affect us greatly.

•VI.                   HEARING SECTION

None

VII.       ACTION ITEMS 

  1. Approval of the Bylaws

Editing and Revising suggested. See Nov 6, 2008 draft and Nov 19, 2008 final copy.

MOTION: MR. Donahue to approve Nov 6, 2008 draft of BYLAWS with suggested changes.

2nd: D. Mills

All in favor

 

 

 

 

  1. removed

 

  1. Approval of Class Time Release for QEIA Coordinator

When Ms. Ngissah and Ms. Decker went to SSC/QEIA training in Pomona, the ITA president suggested that the QEIA Coordinator have on period of release time.

The council needs written action that was not provided.

Ms. Mills said that the stipend was given based on time after school.  How much more work is it?  What duties have been added since Mr. Gamet did this position?

The stipend is more money.  When the position was posted to teachers the release time was not included in job description.

Have Mr. Lynum compile a list of his responsibilities and an action item.

 

  1. removed
  2. Approval of 5 hours per month extra duty pay for SSC Secretary and QEIA Secretary

This needs to be justified in the Single Plan. MS Ngissah and Ms. Baker will come up with addition to Single Plan and Action Item.  What is the justification?

VIII DISCUSION ITEMS

  1. Working on Single Plan:  Has it been board approved? This needs to be found out.  If so we can make amendments
  2. Jeff Miller to visit School Site Council:   Ms. Mills said that J. Miller's contract does not have a parent component. He gave us a suggestion for a parent "guru"
  3. Family Involvement Network:  M. Hernandez not present....put on next agenda.

 

IX ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNICATION

TO DO/RESPONSIBILITY:

  1. Gamet : Healthy Beverage list- still waiting to here back
  2. Mr. Donahue : Lunch line- There is not a lunch line. Students need to get in line in ample time and not play the whole lunch period.
  3. Dance : Ms. Ngissah/ASB- No dirty Dancing signs were made and posted. Parent Chaperones were present.
  4. Decker- Arrange for child care- still to do

M. Bautista asked about teacher arrest. Should we (parents) talk to our children about this and situation? Mr. Donahue said that the district, school and law enforcement has dealt with situation at hand. Just make sure to keep open communication with your child because the information came from the child to their parent and parent informed/reported the situation to the school.

ADJOURNMENT:

Time 4:26 PM

ACTION

Motion:  D. Mills

Second: S.Donahue

 



© 2007 - 2022 All rights reserved.