Academic Bulldog
Crozier Middle School
Home
Music & Fine Arts
cmsConstruction.asp
PTA/SSC/ELAC
Students
Resources
 
 

CROZIER MIDDLE SCHOOL

 School Site Council

Meeting Minutes

November 20, 2008 

 

I.          CALL TO ORDER

             MS. Ngissah called the meeting to order at 3:09 PM.

            Roll Call

 

Steve Donahue - Presiding Officer (Assistant Principal)

 

Irma Soto-Altataetter (Counselor)

X

Beth Anne Baker - Secretary (Teacher)

X

Davina Mills (Teacher)

X

Lynda Logan  (Teacher)

X

Aba Ngissah (Teacher)

X

Deborah Decker (Teacher)

X

Maria Narciso (Parent)

 

Monica Hernandez (Parent)

X

Mercedes Bautista (Parent)

 

Grace Turner (Parent)

 

Maria Zepeda (Parent)

 

Emelyne Guardado (Student-6th)

 

Karla Quinteros (Student-6th)

 

Dejan Irvin (Student -8th)

 

Chelsey Strachan (Student-7th)

X

Alternate Student: Miguel Tornes

Also present: Drew Gamet (Program Coordinator), Mr. Lynum (QEIA Coordinator)

 PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE  

•II.                APPROVAL OF AGENDA

ACTION

Motion:  D. Decker

Second: D. Mills

All in favor

III.       APPROVAL OF MINUTES

 Minutes from November 6, 2008.

ACTION

Motion:  M. Narciso

Second: L. Logan

 

All in Favor

 

V.       REPORTS TO THE COUNCIL

A. Principal's Report by S Donahue.

None

 

B. Student Report

M. Tornes asked if students could have free dress on Tues Nov 25th before Thanksgiving. The council told him to ask Mr. Donahue and Ms. Ngissah would take the idea to ASB.

 

C. Program Coordinator's Financial Report

D. Gamet reviewd the requisitions paid since last meeting (SEE ATTACHED).

Ms. Decker asked about a line item for a conference for a conference for Mr. Boykins and would like him to report back to faculty on this.  It is a Safe Schools Conference.

MOTION.  ALL IN FAVOR

 

Mr Gamet Asked to speak on DISCUSSION ITEM #! Before leaving meeting:

MOTION.  ALL IN FAVOR.

 

DISCUSSION ITEM #1

At the ELAC meeting, the committee discussed and recommended that the Program Coordinator position is funded out of  BOTH Title I and ELL funding. This would be SSC and board approved. See attached CHANGE FUNNDING RATIO FOR PROGRAM COORD. This action should be voted on in the next SSC Meeting and therefore needs to be agendized for the next meeting.

 

Ms. Decker would like an ELAC Meeting report for SCC on a regular basis.

Mr. Gamet said he would feel comfortable reporting on the ELL status of our school.

ALL was the only group to meet their AYP last year.

ELAC is an advisory board that only meets once a month.  So , the report will be added as a part of the SSC minutes.

 

•VI.                   HEARING SECTION

None

VII.       ACTION ITEMS 

  1. Approve Extra Duty for Secretaries of Schoo Site Council and QEIA

Ms. Ngissah asked us to remember that as a QEIA school all funds are considered QEIA. However, QEIA funds roll over to next school year but categorical does not.

Ms. Decker recommended that we remove QEIA form the funding source on this action.

 

MOTION FOR APPROVAL OF 5 HOURS PER MONTH EXTRA DUTY PAY TO THE SECRETARIES COMING ALL FROM CATEGORICAL FUNDS.

 

ACTION

Motion:  M. Narciso

Second: D. Decker

 

All in Favor

 

 

 

 

  1. Approval of Class Time Release for QEIA Coordinator

      MOTION BY CHAIR: Move this action to a DISCUSSION ITEM

      ALL IN FAVOR

 

       SEE ACTION PLAN

 Ms. Logan: How did you come up with the $60 per hour?

Mr. Lynum: Cost of substitute for one period.

Ms. Mills: What are they going to do with the students?

Mr. Lynum: They are not going to dissolve the class. The sub will follow lesson plans.

Council concerned about this due to substitute teacher performance.

Ms. Ngissah: Is this an elective:

Mr. Lynum: Yes

MS. Ngissah: So, they could dissolve?

            Ms. Decker said that the semester is almost over so have a sun for the remainder.

            Ms. Ngissah said that the administration needs to look in to this, as said at last meeting.

             Mrs. Narcisso asked if a credentialed teacher with a conference period at the same time could take     the class.

             Ms. Mils: Where is funding for coverage coming from?   There are 2 issues: Do we want this to happen?  How will it be done?

             Ms. Decker suggested 2 issues: How is Mr. Donahue going to do this?  Does SSC want this to happen?

             Ms. Ngissah: Teachers need to approve this first.

             Ms. Mills: One fifth of your salary will come out of QEIA. If we approve this we will pay two teachers (you and your coverage).  Is the laptop in this 10,000 quoted?

             Mr. Lynum: Yes. That is from the office

             Ms. Mills: But that comes from QEIA. We need a specific list of expenses involved in this action.

             Ms. Ngissah: Mr. Gamet has a formula to figure out where the funding comes from based on hourly rate.  ITA will reimburse for travel to the QEIA conferences.

Ms. Decker: This needs to be brought to the teachers

Ms. Mills: Mr. Gamet only had release time, no stipend. The stipend is for above and beyond the work day.

Mr. Lynum: That is not realistic due to work load and times needed to work with district. This is already spilling into his teacher planning time. He teaches a core class and needs that planning time.

Ms. Mills suggested other ways to get the time for him

Ms. Decker: I want him to have the time to all the things he is responsible for not just skim the surface.

VIII DISCUSION ITEMS

  1. Completed earlier in meeting under REPORTS TO COUNCIL
  2. Set up committees for Single Plan revision: We need to find out who is the QEIA contact person in IUSD. W. Snorton?

Mr. Lynum: Writing a letter to Dr. Sirils to ask this.

Gate committee needs to rewrite that section of the single plan. Ms. Bunch is the GATE coordinator. Parents voiced concerns about GATE. Ms. Mills explained that there are several reasons for GATE students not getting what they need. There has been a different coordinator every year and the district does not provide a budget now. WE have 100 plus GATE students at Crozier. 

Ms. Mills will report to SSC from District Leadership Team for School Improvement.

We need to approve the Single Plan quickly and then amend it.  It needs to be done within 90 days. Mr. Lynum will call W. Snorton.

Ms. Mills: We did a blanket approval of it.

Ms. Baker: So the new English Dept Goal should have been in there.

It was discussed that the parents in the district are very concerned about the number of administrators' positions at the district level that are vacant. It is very difficult to get answers to many questions because the administrators left are doing multiple jobs.

IX ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNICATION

TO DO/RESPONSIBILITY:

Decker- Arrange for child care- This is complicated, looking into funding but we could purchase a big basket of toys, games and puzzles to be kept in library or parent center for meetings where parents bring children (out of petty cash).

 

Ms. Ngissah wants to ask parents to encourage other parents to encourage their children to attend tutoring.

It was suggested that we advertise around the school (on posters) the teachers and days there is after school tutoring.

 

ADJOURNMENT:

Time 4:44  PM

ACTION

Motion:  D. Mills

Second: M Narcisso

 



© 2007 - 2022 All rights reserved.