Academic Bulldog
Crozier Middle School
Home
Music & Fine Arts
cmsConstruction.asp
PTA/SSC/ELAC
Students
Resources
 
 

CROZIER MIDDLE SCHOOL

 School Site Council

Meeting Minutes

October 9, 2008 

 

I.          CALL TO ORDER

             Mr. Donahue called the meeting to order at 3:15 PM.

 

            Roll Call

X

Steve Donahue - Presiding Officer (Assistant Principal)

X

Irma Soto-Altataetter (Counselor)

X

Beth Anne Baker - Secretary (Teacher)

 

Davina Mills (Teacher)

X

Lynda Logan  (Teacher)

X

Aba Ngissah (Teacher)

X

Deborah Decker (Teacher)

X

Maria Narciso (Parent)

 

Monica Hernandez (Parent)

X

Mercedes Bautista (Parent)

 

Grace Turner (Parent)

 

Maria Zepeda (Parent)

X

Emelyne Guardado (Student-6th)

X

Karla Quinteros (Student-6th)

 

Dejan Irvin (Student -8th)

 x

Chelsey Strachan (Student-7th)

 

Alternate Student:

 

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE  

•II.                ELECTION OF OFFICERS

•1.       President: Aba Ngissa volunteered

M. Bautista- 2nd

All in favor

•2.       Vice President: Mercedes Bautista volunteered

D. Mills - 2nd

All in favor

            3.   Secretary:    ___________nominated Beth Anne Baker

                        D. Mills- 2nd

                        All in favor

            4. Parlimentarion- tabled

•III.             APPROVAL OF AGENDA

 

ACTION

Motion:  S Donahue

Second: Mills________

                                    All in favor

IV.       APPROVAL OF MINUTES

 Minutes from June 5,9 and 12, 2008.

ACTION

Motion:  D. Mills

Second: S Donahue _______

 

 

IV.       REPORTS TO THE COUNCIL

A. Principal's Report by S Donahue.

Mr. Donahue asked the committee what they would like during this time.

Ms. Ngissah asked for it to be typed.

 

B. Student Report

Chelsey Strong believes that the inappropriate dancing at the last dance was due to lack of activities for students.

Karla Quinteros suggested changing the types of music.

D. Decker and BABaker suggested that the students come up with a list of potential songs.

M. Bautista asked about the inappropriate dancing. She wasn't aware of it. What was it?

A. Ngissah: It was the kind where they were "on each other."

C. Program Coordinator's Financial Report

D. Gamet did an overview of  Crozier MS 2008-2009 Budget and Ledger October

-Categorical and Other Program Funds is the money we talk about most in School Site Council.

-The district has no say over QEIA "carryover" but does have say in all over carryover.

-See Teacher/Staff pay/salaries in GENERAL FUND- blocked out but these names with amounts are public a district.

-D. Donahue mentioned that Jr. High Principal salary is wrong.

-Where is the money going if the amount allocated is wrong?

D. Gamet: We just stick to our allocations. These are general funds.

-See pg 6 of 25 and see "Common Red Flag Expenditures" packet

Title I money is federal money.  Change: Salary of Consolidated Coordinator with D. Gamet in this position

Title I money could go up or down depending on state budget.

-See pg 21 PURCHASE ORDER LEDGER- line items and requisitions. They make balances go down

-See pg 9 of 25 EIA-SCE- state programs

- Stipends in SIP and Library and ASES were questioned

 

•VI.                   HEARING SECTION

Mr. Gamet: See DISTRICTWIDE Annual Title I Parent Paraprofessional Multi-Cultural Conference - Tell Mr. Gamet if you would like to go.   Also, see SCHOOL SITE COUNCEL TRAINING on back of flyer.

VII.       ACTION ITEMS 

  1. Single Plans for Student Achievement

Mr. Gamet has a new proram/internet sitewe are using to view our Single Plan

A.Ngissah: We need hard copies.

 

  1. Approval of the Bylaws

Tabled until Oct 23 but read copy so we can vote.

 

 

•VII.                DISCUSSION ITEMS

  1. New QEIA Coordinator has been selected. Mr. Lynum's salary needs of be approved by the board of education.
  2. Parliamentary Books Approves for Purchase Last Year. Did this happen. Discussion lead to the need for a form and person to record responsibilities and agenda items. D. Mills volunteered to design this form. D. Decker will record.
  3. Upcomming QEIA Conference for Parents&Staff- to get parents educated on this. Mrs. Baustista has gone to LACOE's SSC training.
  4. QEIA Site Contact Meeting- Ms Ngissah and Ms. Decker going  (CTA sponsored) and will report back. Should QEIA coordinator go? They will ask.

 

•VIII.             ANNOUNCEMENTS AND COMMUNICATIONS

Marcy from CTA should come to support our single plan work during release time

Move to vote to allow teachers release time to work on Single Plan

2nd: Ngissah

 

•IX.                   ADJOURNMENT:

Time 4:47 PM

ACTION

Motion:  D. Mills

Second: Donahue

 

NEXT MEEETING: October 23, 2008 Room N216



© 2007 - 2022 All rights reserved.