Academic Bulldog
Crozier Middle School
Home
Music & Fine Arts
cmsConstruction.asp
PTA/SSC/ELAC
Students
Resources
 
 

CROZIER MIDDLE SCHOOL

 School Site Council

Meeting Minutes

April 10, 2008 

 

I.          CALL TO ORDER

             Mr. Donahue called the meeting to order at 3:14 PM.

 

            Roll Call

x

 

Steve Donahue - Presiding Officer (Assistant Principal)

 X

 

Davina Mills - Vice-Presiding Officer (Teacher)

 X

 

Beth Anne Baker - Secretary (Teacher)

 X

 

Randolph Simpson (Principal)

 X

 

Mayra Tellez (Teacher)

 X

 

Aba Ngissah (Teacher)

 X

 

Deborah Decker (Teacher)

 

Irma Soto-Altataetter (Counselor)

 

 

Monica Hernandez (Parent)

 

 

Maria Madrigal Chavez  (Parent)

X

 

Josefina Gallegos (Parent)

 

Grace Turner (Parent)

 

Maria Zepeda (Parent)

 

 

Imani Bradford (Student)

 

 

Triphona Dahl (Student)

 

 

Jesus Gutierrez (Student)

 

 

Shanice Spencer (Student)

 

 

•II.                 APPROVAL OF AGENDA

 

III.       APPROVAL OF MINUTES

 Minutes from March 17th meeting:

 

ACTION

Motion:  Decker with the edit: Meeting not a continuation

No Objection- Approved________

 

 

IV.       REPORTS TO THE COUNCIL

A. Principal's Report by Randolph Simpson:

*We are preparing for the CST's - they are the week of May 6. We are trying for minimum days that week- this will give teachers collaboration and professional development time

*Football banquet today

*Boys basketball have their first game tonight and girls' first game is next week.

*Special Ed survey information tallied. It shows where we are and going with special ed.

*QEIA Leadership Team met with Jeff Miller, a consultant. He and    presented a plan to improve our school's communication internally.

*Parent Workshop on computers began and will go until the end of the school year.

 

B. Student Report

None.

 

 

V.         HEARING SECTION

 In our staff meeting on Tues we began our Single plan goals.

Mr. Gamet: Ms. Davis will work on fieldtrip section of Single Plan.  My Lynum on Discipline.        Ms. Shruby had a desire to work on facilities.  Ms. Ngissah wants to help.

Ms. Ngissah: What about GATE?  > Discussion item next meeting

 

 Pledge of Allegiance was forgotten earlier and so it was done at this time. 

 

VI.       ACTION ITEMS 

  1. APPROVE PURCHASE OF MATERIALS PERTAINING TO PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY

Ms. Ngissah will send Mr. Gamet a note on price though electronic file for Robert's Rules of Orders.

ISBN for book is 0-7645-6399-8WW

She believes we need the Robert's Rules of Order Books and training to make meetings run smoother

Ms. Turner agrees.

It was decided to buy a set of Robert's Rules of Orders books- 12 copies.

Motion to buy a set of 12 Robert's Rules of Orders books.

Move- ?

2nd Mills

Mr. Donahue said that purchases are frozen until July 1.

Ms. Ngissah: Trainings for RR of O begin next year.

Mr. Gamet has a copy of the calendar of school site council trainings for next year.

 

  1. APPROVE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FOR CROZIER MIDDLE SCHOOL FOR SUMMER OF 2008 and 2008-2009 SCHOOL YEAR

This is tabled. A special SSC meeting will be held on THURS, APRIL 17th at 2:30 PM.

Then the faculty can be informed at the next faculty meeting of what was discussed and proposed at QEIA LEADERSHIP and the teachers have the opportunity to view plans.

 

MOTION: Ms Decker

2nd: Mills

VII.   DISCUSSION ITEMS

•1.      UPDATE on evaluation and amending of Single Plan for Student Achievement

~Mr. Gamet has met with several departments. We are on schedule to get all goals written.

~Can we have an administrator present at all faculty meetings?

 

•2.     Student Teacher Concerns Discussions

 

~Can the principal's report be in writing?

~Ms. Turner is concerned about supplies being missing and hard to get into classrooms.

~We need supplies more accessible and accessible in an easier process for teachers (than the current process of obtaining them). Mr. Gamet suggested an end of the year survey to get a list of supplies.

Ms. Decker asked for this issue to be a Discusion Item for the next meeting.

 

 

•VIII.        ANOUNCEMENTS AND COMMUNICATIONS None

•IX.              FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS

~Ms. Ngissah: We need a class set of  Robert's Rule of Orders for ASB.

  Mr. Gamet: Goal for Single Plan

 

~There is an Accucut Workshop Training that has a cost. We need it because the die cuts have been ordered by ASB and the parent center for the Accucut machine.

 

~Action Item needed for Parliamentary training for fall (Ms. Ngissah)

 

~Supply distribution and procedure of obtaining is a discussion item. (Ms. Decker)

 

 

X.   Adjournment

 

 

MOTION TO ADJOURN: Ms. Tellez

2nd : Mills

 

TIME OF ADJOURNMENT:          3:57 PM

 

Next Meeting:  Special Meeting: April 17th at 2:30 PM Room N114  and

                      Scheduled Meeting:  24th at 2:30 PM Room N114



© 2007 - 2022 All rights reserved.