Academic Bulldog
Crozier Middle School
Home
Music & Fine Arts
cmsConstruction.asp
PTA/SSC/ELAC
Students
Resources
 
 

CROZIER MIDDLE SCHOOL

 School Site Council

Meeting Minutes

May 22, 2008 

 

I.          CALL TO ORDER

             Mr. Donahue called the meeting to order at 3:14 PM.

 

            Roll Call

x

 

Steve Donahue - Presiding Officer (Assistant Principal)

 X

 

Davina Mills - Vice-Presiding Officer (Teacher)

 X

 

Beth Anne Baker - Secretary (Teacher)

 X

 

Randolph Simpson (Principal)

 X

 

Mayra Tellez (Teacher)

 X

 

Aba Ngissah (Teacher)

 

 

Deborah Decker (Teacher)

X

 

Irma Soto-Altataetter (Counselor)

 

 

Monica Hernandez (Parent)

 

 

Maria Madrigal Chavez  (Parent)

X

 

Josefina Gallegos (Parent)

 

 

Grace Turner (Parent)

x

 

Maria Zepeda (Parent)

 

 

Imani Bradford (Student)

 

 

Triphona Dahl (Student)

 

 

Jesus Gutierrez (Student)

 

 

Shanice Spencer (Student)

 

 

 

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE  

•II.                 APPROVAL OF AGENDA

Ms. Ngissah wants to add an agenda item: Consultant bought in to faculty meeting and the QUEIA process conflict. She has many teachers approach her regarding this issue. Teachers want this to go to QEIA.  The said consultant contract refers to cancellation of contract.

What budget did this come out of?  This has been asked many times and no answer has been given.  SSC needs to approve his expenditure.

Mr. Rhoads said that this could be brought up in the HEARING SECTION.

ACTION

Motion:  Ms.Mills

Second:___Ms. Tellez _____

 

III.       APPROVAL OF MINUTES

 Minutes from April 10 and 17th meeting:

 

ACTION

Motion:  Mr. Simpson

2nd: Mrs. Zepeda________

 

 

IV.       REPORTS TO THE COUNCIL

A. Principal's Report by Randolph Simpson:

See attached Principal's message.

Educational Summit:  C. Price (Assemblyman) will be here.  It is from 12-4 PM

               Are teachers invited? Ms. Ngissah said that teachers were wondering. Communication is needing improvement. Ms. Tellez agreed.

          Mr. Simpson said that the district chose our school for the summit to be held at.

Testing is over- Makeups done.

               July - results will be in. We are very concerned about the multiple vacancies this year.

8th grade Assembly today: Expectations for end of year, grades and graduation layed out.  Also, end of year privileges.  To participate in June activities, the students must have a 2.0 GPA.

 

B. Student Report

None.

 

 

V.         HEARING SECTION

#1 Ms. Ngissah: We need answers about the consultant:     What money is being used to pay this? Why did this not go through SSC or the QEIA process?

Mr. Simpson: It has already been board approved and it couldn't be pulled.

Ms. Ngissah had contract from the consultant (see attached). Contract says they were paid in March. Where is this money to pay them coming from?  She said that this is a duplication of what Jeff Miller will already be doing.

Ms. Tellez: This is creating a very divisive atmosphere with staff.

Questions were asked about the voluntary meeting for staff with this consultant.

Mr. Donahue: Yesterday was purely informational.

Ms. Ngissah: What budget did this come from?

#2 Ms. Ngissah: Supplies are not supplied well.

Mr. Simpson: We need some procedures for this.

#3 Ms. Ngissah:  Attendance - Readmits for kids who come late? They are being sent to class without them.

#4  Ms. Ngissah:  Communication with the office is a huge problem.  When teachers call the office noone answers

Mr. Donahue: Should this be discussed here?

Ms. Zepeda: What meeting would this be discussed at. This is an issue.

Mr. Rhoads: Anyone can bring up anything here.  SSC has the authority to decide what should be "actionized"

VI.       ACTION ITEMS 

•1.      ST

Table this to next meeting. Discussion about having more SSC meeting to get everything done we need to get accomplished before the end of the year.

MOTION TO TABLE TO NEXT MEETING (JUNE 5th):  Motion: Ms. Mills   2nd : Ms. Zepeda

 

•2.      ___

               SEE ATTACHED.  Carried from unagendized meeting last week. 

                You can move everything within the budget.

            Ms. Mills: What things can be spent in each category?

            Mr. Donahue:

 

           MOTION TO APPROVE: Ms. Mills

                                           2nd: Ms. Tellez

•3.     A__ 

            Ms. Decker not present. Move to next meeting

 

VII.   DISCUSSION ITEMS

•VIII.        ANOUNCEMENTS AND COMMUNICATIONS None

•IX.              FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS

Community Liaison Needed

 

 

X.   Adjournment

MOTION TO ADJOURN: Ms. Mills

2nd : Tellez

 

TIME OF ADJOURNMENT:          4:15 PM

 

Next Meeting:  June 5, 2008   Room N114



© 2007 - 2022 All rights reserved.