Academic Bulldog
Crozier Middle School
Home
Music & Fine Arts
cmsConstruction.asp
PTA/SSC/ELAC
Students
Resources
 
 

CROZIER MIDDLE SCHOOL

 School Site Council

Meeting Minutes

January 28, 2008 

 

I.          CALL TO ORDER

             A. Ngissah called the meeting to order at 2:45 PM.

            Roll Call

X

Steve Donahue - Presiding Officer (Assistant Principal)

X

Irma Soto-Altataetter (Counselor)

X

Beth Anne Baker - Secretary (Teacher)

X

Davina Mills (Teacher)

X

Lynda Logan  (Teacher)

X

Aba Ngissah (Teacher)

X

Deborah Decker (Teacher)

X

Maria Narciso (Parent)

X

Monica Hernandez (Parent)

X

Mercedes Bautista (Parent)

 

Grace Turner (Parent)

 

Maria Zepeda (Parent)

 

Emelyne Guardado (Student-6th)

 

Karla Quinteros (Student-6th)

 

Dejan Irvin (Student -8th)

 

Chelsey Strachan (Student-7th)

 

Alternate Student: Miguel Tornes

Also present: E. Lyum (QEIA Coord./Teacher), Drew Gamet (Consolidated Coord.), J. Rhoads (teacher)

 PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE  

•II.                APPROVAL OF AGENDA

Change the "Wednesday" in meeting heading.

ACTION

Motion:  S. Donahue

Second: M. Zepeda

All in favor

(MEETING PAUSED TO OBTAIN QUORUM)

VII.       ACTION ITEMS 

  1. Approve Contract for Services with Extreme Learning

D. Decker: Why did the Extreme Learning founder not use an example in our district? She is not happy with there not being credentialed teacher  teaching the students.  She spoke with Ms. Turner and she told Ms. Decker that she was not in support of program.

Ms. Baker: I feel like it gives 130 children an educational opportunity.

Mr. Donhue: Extreme Learning is No Child Left Behind compliant. This program is not all we are doing for intervention.  It is not a all or nothing component.

Mr. Rhodes suggested that we consider using the program, observing it and use Orchard on our computers with all the students....we own at least one program from it.

•A.     Ngissah: Is this something the teachers buy into? We need to know this.

M. Zepeda: Why do all teachers have to buy into program?

A. Ngissah: Teachers need to decide. We are SSC elected members and and we need to vote what the teachers and parents want.  She feels like she does not know enough about  the program and has no data to support it.  She is concerned that ahe did not know about this program until extremely recently.  WE have no data from this company of the schools in Inglewood they have worked with.  We need to look at other programs.

D. Gamet: Spoke about serving on

MS. MILLS MOTIONED TO APPROVE RON WILKINS TO PRESENT ON RACE RELATIONS .

ACTION

Motion:  D. Mills

Second: M. Bautista

 

All in Favor

 

 

MOTION TO ADD #2 and #3 to AGENDA for voting: D. Mills

2nd: BA Baker

 

 

 

ADJOURNMENT:

Time 4:57  PM

ACTION

Motion:  D. Decker

Second: M Narcisso

 



© 2007 - 2022 All rights reserved.