Academic Bulldog
Crozier Middle School
Home
Music & Fine Arts
cmsConstruction.asp
PTA/SSC/ELAC
Students
Resources
 
 

CROZIER MIDDLE SCHOOL

 School Site Council

Meeting Minutes

May 14, 2009  

I.          CALL TO ORDER

             A. Ngissah called the meeting to order at 3:12 PM in the Staff Lounge.

            Roll Call

 

Steve Donahue - Presiding Officer (Assistant Principal)

X

Irma Soto-Altataetter (Counselor)

X

Beth Anne Baker - Secretary (Teacher)

X

Davina Mills (Teacher)

X

Lynda Logan  (Teacher)

X

Aba Ngissah (Teacher)

X

Deborah Decker (Teacher)

X

Maria Narciso (Parent)

 

Monica Hernandez (Parent)

X

Mercedes Bautista (Parent)

 X

Grace Turner (Parent)

 

Maria Zepeda (Parent)

 

Emelyne Guardado (Student-6th)

 

Karla Quinteros (Student-6th)

 

Dejan Irvin (Student -8th)

 

Chelsey Strachan (Student-7th)

 

Alternate Student: Miguel Tornes

Also present: E. Lyum (QEIA Coord./Teacher), Drew Gamet (Consolidated Coord) 

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE  

 

•II.                APPROVAL OF AGENDA

Table BYLAW AMMENDMENT (#1 of Action Items)

ACTION

Motion:  D. Decker

Second: G. Turner

All in favor.

•III.             APPROVAL OF MINUTES from April 28, 2009

Ms. Turner wanted to agree with Ms. Soto's idea to offer a counseling class during the summer but wanted to say that it would be also beneficial for our students all year.

ACTION

Motion:  D. Mills

Second: I. Soto

All in favor. Moved.

IV REPORTS FROM THE COUNCIL:

  1. Principal:  None
  2. Student: None
  3. ELAC: None
  4. Program Coordinator Financial Report: Mr. Gamet suggested new allocations to budgeting department based on percentages. The budgeting dept said we need to give them something by tomorrow or they will produce one for us.

Ms. Ngissah: I looked at it and had some questions (see hand out with handwritten calculations)

Mr. Gamet: Basically this is an object driven report which we would do once we had the single plan done when we need to match up what we want with the budget.

Ms. Decker asked about specific code numbers on the budeget.

Mr. Gamet: Those are called object codes.

Ms. Decker: What is the amount on page 5 of 12?

Mr. Gamet: Not sure maybe literacy coach.... will find out.

Ms. Ngissah: Page 2 of 12? Who are those program aides and what are those descriptions next to program aides.

Mr. Gamet: This is the type of conversation we should have in rewriting the single plan.What is the purpose for this position?

Ms. Ngissah feels we need more money in certain in certain areas. Go through each page of Ms. Ngissah's report.

Page 2 Teacher sub?> this is title one money for teachers who attend Title one Conf.

            Program Aide > extra duty for summer testing is one example of how to spend this.

Page 3  Ms. Mills asked how much control we actually have over program aides:

Mr. Gamet: some latitude

Page 2    #4 Community laison is part time and most felt there should be more time added, but kept as is.

Page 3  Subscritions will be changed to $5000: All agreed.

           Instructional supplies (parent) leave as is

           Food supplies to $2000

Page 4   Questions about Consultants; Amount scaled back to $50, 0000.

     Travel and Conf (parents) Change to $3,000.

Fieltrips: Ms. Ngissah asked it to be changed to $15, 000.

Printing: We all wanting this changed to $5,000.

Page 5

District Printing: We all wanting this changed to $3,500...Agreed.

Dues will be increased for more Professional affiliations

Ms. Narcisso: Budget for repairs. Example the marqui)

E. ELAC: None Ms. Mills will talk to him.

 

V. HEARING SECTION

Mr. Agada asked for more time to collect common assessment data. A discussion about the different problems and limitations causing problems collecting data for different departments was had. Ms. Baker suggested we have a person in the school who scans the assessments.

VII.       ACTION ITEMS 

  1. APPROVE 3 FULL SATURDAYS TO WORK ON SINGLE PLAN

It was decided for this to happen during the week starting from June 22nd to July 31st with three teachers per department including the department chair. This would not exceed 36 hours.

MOTION to approve time for working on single plan: Ms. Mills

2nd: Ms. Baker

DISCUSSION: None

ALL IN FAVOR? MOTION PASSED

4.  APPROVE names and pay for UCLA summer institute:

Mills: Funding Source?

Ngissah: QEIA and Title one

Narcisso: Is that meeting Prof develop. Requirements?

Mills:for ten people toward it.

Bautista: Report out when you come back?

Mills: We should create a form for participants to fill out when they return form conference.

Baker: Should include a space to write down and share what they learned and then keep forms in office filled out.

Ngissah: Survey team will work on this.

 

Motion : Narcisso

2nd: Bautista

 

ALL IN FAVOR

ADJOURNMENT:

Time 4:36  PM

ACTION

Motion:   Ms. Baker

Second: Ms. Mills

 



© 2007 - 2022 All rights reserved.